Monday, June 22, 2009

It's Parade Time Again!

Call it what you will...but I am obsessed with parades! I LOVE THEM! Starting with Springville and Orem the 2nd weekend in June... they continue clear through the summer! I don't hit all of them anymore...but some for sure! I guess it is the partly the patriotism that I feel and the joy of watching the kids enjoy every minute of it but I do LOVE THEM! We dodged 2 rainstorms the first two parades...but they were still FUN! Our Pleasant Grove float was awesome and won 2 awards. The "Royalty" Award in Springville and the "Orem" award in Orem (imagine that?)

I couldn't find any "adults" that were willing to brave the high probability of rain so I conned my little girls into coming with me! Happy Meals were the first stop and then on to find a spot! Then the brave ones showed up....

My very favorite part is when our American flag passes and everyone stops to pay respect! I love watching my tiny ones put their hand over their hearts!

Here they are with our very own Cinderella...my niece Erin! She is so beautiful and the girls think she is "Really" Cinderella! (not sure who the other little one is... )

Here are my parade buddies! Abby ~Audrey and Sadie!

Making faces at Granny!

Angie and Audrey...notice the coat? It was a bit chilly!

Matt with the girls...

Hal and Matt...

No comments: