It is so great to live close to the Canyon! Jenny and Nate decided to get a camping spot on Wednesday...and so Hal and I ran up and got the last spot that was left and luckily it was right next to Jenny and Nate's. We left on Thursday night after work and on the way up realized that we had left the trailer keys in Hal's truck... so he thought he would drop me off with Jenny and Nate and then go back and get the keys. When we got there...they had loaded up the kids and were about to leave to go home and get a good nights sleep. The racoon's had kept them up the night before. So we left and went home to sleep! We went up again on Friday afternoon and most of the kids showed up for dinner! It was a fun night. I found a new dutch oven dessert recipe and thought I would give it a try to celebrate Ryan's birthday. It was chocolate cake with marshmallows and carmels and the batter was really yummy! Well it said to cook it for 20 mins... with low heat... after 20 mins... Batter... hmmm? Ok so I added a bunch of coals and upped the heat... after about 2 hours of that I finally gave up. It was yummy goop...but that was about it! I guess I should stick to the recipes that I know! Thanks for trying it Oakley! You are a good sport! (He always has such great faith in me.)



The camping trip ended up being so much fun! We loved every minute! Wish we could have had the whole family with us... we sure miss Amy and Brett's family and Lizzy and Dallas!
Below are some pictures of our adventure!

Here is the sweetest kid ever...Eating Grandma's Goop!

Grandpa's tall tales around the campfire

An intense game of Killer Bunnies!

Hanging around the campfire! Oakley is still eating the goop!
Here are some more of my favorite memories! I can't find one pic of Angie...but she was there! Where were you hiding my girl?
2 comments:
Way cute pictures. It sure looks like you all had a blast! Sad we missed out :( Tell me about the chocolate tree.. sounds like a cute idea.
TERRY!!! It looks like you've been having one heck of a great summer! I hope you and your family are doing great and I hope that LDSFS is super! Miss you so much! I've been doing better at keeping up my blog, so we can keep in touch better. reallifekunz.blogger.com. LOVE YOU! ~Lindsey
Post a Comment