Sunday, November 23, 2008

Rupert the Elf RUNS AWAY!

Since Thanksgiving is almost here… I decided to get Rupert the Elf out..so he could start on his way to visit all of you! Well I searched and searched for him. I looked through all my Christmas boxes! I was so sad! I couldn’t find him anywhere! I called Lizzy and she didn’t know where he was so I called Heather and she told me .…that he had escaped from my Christmas box and was hiding at Matt and Angie’s! Well, I hustled on up there and sure enough he was hiding in their Laundry Room! That mischievous little elf! Well Grandpa and I put him in the car to bring him home… and do you know what he did? When we stopped at the light... that crazy little elf… JUMPED right out of our car … and ran off down the road!

Grandpa jumped out of the car and chased him up and down the streets! Rupert runs SO FAST!
We saw him on top of this fence... it looks like Russia!

Then we caught him resting on this bench! But he took off so fast we couldn't catch him!
Can you see where he is hiding?
Look Grandpa is right by him and he can't even see him!
Then we caught sight of him and Grandpa took off running!
Come on Grandpa! You can catch him!
Run Grandpa! RUN!
Oh... ALMOST ! YOU JUST MISSED HIM!
Here is the last place we saw him! He was in front of Kneaders Bakery! Well! I don't know where he is... so keep an eye out for him! I am sure he will be spotted somewhere! Maybe he is on his way to YOUR house! Santa finds out who's naughty and nice...from his little elves! Maybe Rupert is checking on YOU! Be Good! Check back tomorrow and we will see if he has showed up!
Love you all! Grandma and Grandpa!

3 comments:

Stefanie said...

Our condolences--is Rupert a relative of the gingerbread boy? Did Hal truly "run, run, run as fast as he can?"

We'll keep our eyes peeled around here --(good neighbors are always watching out for each other). Does Rupert have dog tags so we'll be able to tell if we've seen the right elf? There's nothing worse than mistaken identities, you know.

The Wrights said...

You guys are so dang cute! I was just giggling away! We (well especially me) sure our excited to come home this weekend! We will be sure to search hi and low on our way home to see if Rupert is on his way to see us! We love you both so much! Love ya Dallas and Lizzy

Horsley Family said...

The kids are freaking out. Benson and Jaxson were completely enthralled as we read the blog together. Hopefully, he is on his way to Logan. See you in a couple of days.