Saturday, May 2, 2009

Snorkeling With Dolphins!

I can't snorkle... I have claustrophobia! I can? Are you sure? Hmmm? Ok.. I'll try!

Here we are off on an adventure! The promise of swimming with dolphins was enough to get us all up and going at 5:30 AM.

Here we are... ready to go.


We decided to do something a bit out of the ordinary. We heard about "Ko Olina Ocean Adventure" so we thought we would give it a try! It ended up being a real highlight of the trip!
On our way out we quickly spotted a school of dolphins! We were all in AWE! They were so beautiful! They swam right next to the boat and as soon as the "captain" had us all ready.. he dropped us right into the middle of them. The first time a group of Japanese girls started chasing them and they took off....so we tried a couple more times. The last time we were first in the water and the dolphins were all around us. One just "stood" there looking right at me... 4 feet away! It was AWESOME! There was one that swam right up to the boat...he had tons of fishing line all wrapped around him. It was causing him not to be able to keep up with the others and he couldn't eat because of the fishing line wrapped around his mouth. I think he was begging for some help. The photographer on the boat jumped in with some clippers and swam out from the boat. The dolphin came right to him and let him cut all the line off of him. It was amazing to see! Hopefully he is still hanging out with his friends in the bay.
We went to one place called "turtle town" and there were tons of turtles! Hal turned around at one point and there was a huge one staring him right in the face! He loved it! Then we went to a place where there were tons of fish.... every color and kind you could imagine! It was so cool! At one point someone saw a huge whale out a ways from where we were...we went out to try and see if we could see it. Sure enough it surfaced and came up and then surpise...there were two! So awesome to see! It was such a fun day! We saw everything we could have and seeing those dolphins made it a real magic day!

Angie and Sadie


Checking out the turtles

Hal and I on our Ko Olina adventure! Awesome!

1 comment:

Jenny Miller said...

Oh....I think I should move to hawaii! It looks like a blast!