Saturday, September 5, 2009

Swiss Days!

One of my favorite events in the whole summer is Swiss Days! I always feel a little sad when it rolls around because I know that summer is all but over...but I still LOVE IT! I heard about Swiss Day's years ago. Hal and I decided to do a booth one year with Dan and Danielle Seegmiller. We paid $20.00 for the booth and made some pretty good money as I remember. We fought rain the whole weekend. I remember the little kids playing under the table and getting drenched every time the rain would run off the plastic tarp that we were using as a roof. It was a crazy weekend. We must have liked it though because we kept doing a booth ever year for the next 10 or so.... maybe longer. The booth fee has increased every year and I heard today that a booth now costs $650-$750 for the two days. I have some really fun memories of those days. It was a time that all our kids worked with us to make "Christmas money". We hauled product from the trucks to the booth...all day long. When Amy and Brett got married she started a "t-shirt" business. She designed darling shirts and had them screen printed and had a great little business going. Swiss Day's has always been good to us. We still love it...and there is a part of me that would still love to do a booth... but most of me just wants to go and spend some money! I went on Friday with Amy... she came down and stayed over night and we headed up in the morning. It was so fun and we had a yummy lunch and lots of shopping! I wish I had thought to take some pics however! Saturday Lizzy and Angie came with me while Dallas and Hal and Matt played golf! We met up with them for lunch... and then shopped some more and enjoyed another scone! It was much cooler today - even a bit of rain! What a fun tradition! I love Swiss Days!

Look at the crowds! This is just one aisle!

How cute is this baby pea pod hat!

Best scones in the world! When we first started coming they were $1.00 ... Now they are up to $3.00! Still worth every penny! Now they have honey, raspberry jam and cinnamon sugar as toppings! Self serve so you can add all you want...YUMMY!
Angie and Lizzy going after a scone!

So delicious!
Raspberry Jam... Honey and Cinnamon Sugar!
Edward....was there and these two were SMITTEN!

Great hats!

Just one booth...so full you can hardly get inside!
This year we tried a new little restaurant in town... Galleria! I ate there with the judges panel when I judged Miss Wasatch Co. It was such a treat I talked everyone into going there...instead of the traditional Swiss Day's food... I am sure they missed that sour kraut and brats..but they were good sports! I ate there with Amy the day before and she loved it too!

Best pizza I have ever had... Chicken pesto with squash - pine nuts and topped with fresh arugula! Holy Cow... it is TASTY!
Sadie is a purest... just spaghetti with butter! So yummy!
On the way home I turned around and this is what I sawy.... Do you think I wore them out? I am the oldie here and I was still going strong! !

2 comments:

Hambrick said...

How I love watching your family grow............super cute! Love and miss you!

The Wrights said...

So I left a comment on here when you first posted but I guess it didn't work. I love that you caught D and I... lol! We sure had fun with you guys! Thanks so much for starting this fun tradition. Love ya!