Sunday, February 27, 2011

I'm Officially OLD!

My darling kids planned an awesome 60th Birthday Surprise for me this year! I don't think I've ever had a really true surprise party! It was so fun! Amy and Brett came to take us to dinner for my birthday and then when we got to the car Amy blindfolded me and then I started to get a bit stressed-wondering what they had planned...( that was my first thought that this might not be a normal "go out to dinner" night.) They drove and drove and ended back at our church! They walked me in and I was really freaking out a bit at that point. They pushed me through the door and pulled off the blindfold and then I opened my eyes and there were so many people there I was a bit shocked and I really didn't know what to do! Then I saw my darling grand kids so excited to surprise me and then I realized this was going to be a really FUN night!

Coming through the door... I was so shocked I think I just covered my eyes!

Then there are the kids... how I love these little kids!

They were so excited! I can't believe that not one of them spilled the beans!

Hunter ~Benson ~Oakley ~ Trey and Abby and a bit of Sadie... and Brett and Amy

Look how darling the decorations were! Becca sewed everyone of those crepe paper ruffles on her sewing machine! I know it took hours! And then the cupcakes! They must have baked for days! Every possible kind you could imagine! Then my favorite treats and candy and POPCORN! What a darling table! I couldn't believe it! They are all so amazing! Amy ~Jenny ~Angie~Becca and Lizzy... what a surprise! You are the most creative ladies I know!
Then they had invited people that I have loved...some my whole life! Darling invitations too....and people came! That was such an honor to think that these wonderful people would take their time to come and celebrate with me! What a blessing!

I had too many pictures so I put them together! Click and it will be larger!

I love every single person in these pictures! They have all been so important in my life!

Mckay is almost 18... yeah..and I'm 60... I think he is more excited to be 18 than I am to be 60!

My dear neighbor Diane! We have been through so much in the past 30 years! What a wonderful friend she is!

Amy and I and Brett

Julie and Grandma

Matt and Angie

Nate and Jenny

This is my Parowan Mitchell family! Doug and Kathy and Clark and Mary ! I have loved these wonderful people all my life. Clark claims me as his little sister. I used to live with his parents in Parowan in the summers when my Grandma traveled. When he and Mary got married they tried to adopt me. He is really my birth mother's cousin. Such a great family!

Clark wanted a picture of his two little sisters! So here it is!

Ed and Kim with Nate and sleepy Jett

Hal and Mom and Me

Jon and Julie and Hayden

Julie and Kim- my true sister and brother! Julie was our babysitter back in the day and we introduced her to Kim-(at her insistance!) The rest is history! 4 kids and 4 grandkids later!

My beautiful daughters and Hal's mom!

Our family cheer "WE LOVE OUR FAMILY"!!

Hal and I

All but one of our beautiful grandkids.... Maxwell was home with his other grandma!

Goofy kids...

Our crew! Lucky Lucky us!

Our boys!

Baby Tytan... his first party!

A bit blurry...but me with my beautiful Taylor! My little tater tot!

Sadie at the coloring table

Mason and Millie making me a beautiful picture!

Miss Audrey creating a masterpiece!

1 comment:

Annette and Scott said...

I wanted to be there & celebrate your big day with you but had a conflict that night. I want you to know I was thinking about you & our "funny" friendship. I love you & am grateful to be able to call you my friend!! Happy 60th with many more to come!!!