Saturday, May 31, 2008

Adventures in Babysitting!

Interesting weekend to say the least... I raised 6 kids...how hard could it be to do it again plus 1 more??
Nate and Jenny were having their 10th anniversary and Becca and Levi had a wedding in Moab... Sure I can tend...no big deal. However I started to panic when I realized I would have two- 1 year olds.. 2 -3 year olds, 2 six year olds and 1 eight year old.
That is like 3 sets of twins and a computer junkie! Hmmmm?
Sure I can do it! No problem.
We started out by floating boats down the stream...lazy days of summer! Or so I thought?

Preston and Oakley were the captains chasing the boats so they wouldn't go down to Utah Lake

Oaks chasing his boat!

All was going well. The babies were loving being outside ...and THEN ... All of a sudden Trey was no where to be found! I was running up and down the stream carrying both babies ..looking for him sure he had fallen in... (8 inches deep at best) screaming at the top of my lungs... "FIND TREY"! I thought I would have a heart attack! He was in the house ... going to the bathroom... smart kid! Maybe just tell me next time?

Look at that smile! What do you think he is planning?

Mason and Abby... love that pink boat!

The SS Sadie with Captain Sadie! Looks like a calm and peaceful moment...Right?

Then Trey again... "HOLD ON TREY"...Let me get this picture!


He did save the boat! Good Job Trey!
Well the playground across the street was calling the kids... So I think "well...this isn't too bad...Let's go to the park!"

Great Idea? I loaded them all up in the strollers... and then "How do I push them all?" All of a sudden Oakley and Preston disappeared? So I did my best.... a lady at the park saw me and took pity (thank heavens) and came over and helped me push!
Lots of bubbles and dirt!

I kept looking over at the house wondering how I would get them all home again...before the pizza arrived. Just then Angie arrived! I was never so glad to see someone in my life! Thanks Ang! She helped me get them back to the house.... for dinner! The pizza and pasta arrived....so we were set! (At least I wasn't dumb enough to think I could cook along with serving it to all of them...that was the one "smart thought" I had in two days.

Love those paper plates!

Yummy Audrey...eat it up!

Why can't babies hold a glass and drink out of it?

Trey Fell off the bench backwards.....dang bench! He has had a rough day!

OK....NOW ON TO BATHS!
I only needed...1 minute to wash Preston's legs in the tub... Audrey only needed 30 secs to completely unroll this toilet paper! (However...anything that keeps them busy is good right?)



Started out simple enough....

Get me outta here! I want my mom!
I love all my grandkids... they are beautiful and wonderful...However...last night I really loved them best...when they were all sound asleep on the floor...in cribs and in my bed. We actually got a pretty good nights sleep.
I just want to tell all 6 of my daughters how proud I am of you. I had forgotten how tough it can be... all those memories have evaporated into the air. All I remember now are well behaved, beautiful kids that did just exactly as they were told. Funny how time can erase things... (actually I am sure my memory is failing and I have just forgotten!)
I love you and all the sacrifices you are making are worth it. When I see all of you with your families and see how hard you work... I am grateful that I am your mom... you are the best kids I could ever have ask for and I am proud of you all ...every single day.

1 comment:

Jenny Miller said...

You are a TROOPER! Thanks for the break....They are always in good hands at grandmas!!!