Friday, August 14, 2009

Magic Moments...

Abby and Audrey were kinda bored...so we decided to have a quick picnic...out back. We are running out of summer... you know!

Learning to jump on the swing!

Our little dare devil!
Making faces at Grandpa

Our picnic....
Then Abby wanted to show me that she had learned to climb a tree. It was pretty exciting for her! As she was posing up that tree for a picture she spied a snake sunning himself and she was so excited! She got down and yelled for Grandpa to come and help her get him... (I stop at touching snakes). Hal came over and then the fun began.
A little lady posing in the tree on her very first "climb"!

Here is the snake... just hanging out in the grass!

"Pick him up Grandpa!"

Both Abby and Audrey were enthralled... they just wanted to touch him and feel his skin.

They couldn't get enough!

Touching some more!



Touching his "tummy"!
I love random moments when you make memories. If we can just take those few minutes to slow down and take a minute to "smell the roses" or "feel the snakes" our lives would be so much richer! It was a busy day but I am so glad we just stopped and took the "time"...

1 comment:

gma lois said...

Ok, I am always telling you that you are the best grandparents ever but snakes....wow, you have surpassed all of my expectations...lol, I could never do snakes!! You and Hal are amazing, Love ya!
Lois