As we were coming home from Timberlakes last weekend... we thought we were following Becca and Levi... We saw them pulled off the side of the road so we pulled off. I tried to call to see what was wrong and they said they were fine, and almost to Heber. Since we thought we were following Becca.. we started to drive again (too many white cars). Then I realized that it could be Nate and Jen so we turned around to go back and see if they needed help. It was about 5 degrees outside and SO COLD! When we pulled up next to them Jenny yelled "Come and help us!" I couldn't figure out what in the world was wrong because she was laughing! So we ran up to the car and apparently Nate had been trying to get some gum for Oaks. He reached up to turn on the light and hit the button for the sun roof. It opened and about a foot of snow fell in on top of them! Because there was so much snow on the top of the car they were COVERED ! Then when they tried to close the window it would just close and pop right back open! It wouldn't stay closed. Because it was so cold the snow had turned to ice in the tracks of the window almost instantly! They worked for almost an hour to get it to close! When I got to the car... Trey said "Grandma, Why did you leave us?" The little boys were freezing...so I took them in our truck.(All but Preston-he wanted to experience it all!) As soon as they got it to stay closed... the car battery was DEAD! So Levi jumped started them and we were on our way again! I am so grateful for heaters in cars!
Here is the first picture!(I am so disgusting... Quick grab my camera...so I can blog it!)
This first pic is after they had gotten alot of the snow out. It was deep! EVERYWHERE! (Remember there are 2 tiny boys in the back seats crying their hearts out! Luckily it only got Jen and Nate in the front seat!

Here is Jenny...trying to stay warm! Notice the snow in her hair! Becca and Levi came back to help and they got whatever they could use to dig the snow out of the tracks! (Pens and combs)

Here is Nate...digging for all he is worth! Remember...it is 5 degrees or less! They couldn't find their gloves or anything at first!

Then the battery is dead!

Let's jump it... and we are on our way!

Back on the road again! Aren't we grateful for heaters in cars? I think we are really spoiled!
No comments:
Post a Comment